A Haven for Vee

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Nice? I Don't Think So...

A while ago now, a commenter said, "If you are as nice as you seem to be, you'll..." As nice as you seem to be? That was pretty surprising because if there's anything I try hard to do it's be real in this blog. I mean really, I ran over a detour sign just yesterday...on purpose!  Some of you have read from the beginning and I daresay that you haven't found me especially "nice." And, further, nice is not a word that I'd use to describe who I am.

If pressed to describe myself, I'd fall back on that old line so many Christians use: I'm just a sinner saved by grace. Though that mindset is the very one that has kept me focused on my sins for most of my adult life instead of on the Lord. What I'd far rather say is that I'm a new creature because of what He did on the cross for me. (It's just that I have so much evidence of that old nature. Needless to say, that former nature keeps me well reminded that I am anything but nice.)

This is what Bob George has to say about it in Classic Christianity: A Christian like this will never mature. He will never, as long as he is held in the bondage of guilt over a past sin, experience all that Christ has intended for us to experience through His indwelling life...Until you rest in the finality of the cross, you will never experience the reality of the resurrection. (used by permission of the author)

The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God. ~Romans 6:10

For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit. ~ I Peter 3:18

Let us grab hold of all that God has for us by recognizing the incredible price He paid once for all.

Many blessings this Sunday...

As always, Sunday comments are closed.