A Haven for Vee

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hodge Podge Wednesday

1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?

This has been a quiet summer so all weekends have run together with nothing really to differentiate them. That said, they were pleasant and spent quietly at home. We are in the middle of a recession at our place. ☺

2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st.  What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?

I loved teaching best./ Cleaning toilets was not nearly so much fun.

3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? 
Before. Today in fact. When do you think it should begin? I think it should start after Labor Day. There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
  Teens need sleep and they need social outlets. It is not practical for them to be in bed early enough to justify those 7 am classes. I know that there are those who feel that teens should hold after school jobs; sadly, those are taken by my generation now.

4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?

Does the blog count?

~a labor of love...hahahahahaha~


5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'
A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'

A woman's work is never done.

6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?

Lobster. Please drag it through some mayo and slap it on a grilled roll. Thank you.

7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.

Hmmm...all good. I sure hope that in difficulty lies opportunity.
Work is honorable and builds character.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

My sister took my photo yesterday. It was so bad that I did not recognize myself. Next time I see her, I'll be taking one of her that she won't recognize, even if I have to hide in the bushes to do it. ☺ There's just one way to train folks. LOL!
You may find Joyce and participants at Hodge Podge 187. Joyce does a fabulous job creating these questions week after week.
Thanks for reading. I'm closing comments today in an experiment.  Let us discuss it tomorrow.

Have a beautiful day...