A Haven for Vee

Sunday, June 18, 2017

Father's Day 2017

Looking through the Memory Glass... Photos of long time ago... Surprised by what I found... Yes, I am sharing a few...


Since this is Father's Day, I thought I would share a few of the photos of my father and me. There are not that many, but they do tell a tale. My dad had a terrible time being photogenic; so do I. He was prone to pulling a face probably because he felt so uncomfortable having the focus on him.


At Quantico


Be kind to thy father, 
for when thou wert young, 
Who loved thee so fondly as he? 
He caught the first accents that
fell from thy tongue, 
And joined in thy innocent glee. 
~anon
Dad taught me how to swim


Dad provided many a Christmas morning


Let's look for a minute at the piano top in my maternal grandmother's home. Left to right:


my parents' wedding photo

my sister Kim with her Kewpie doll look

photos of cousins and their parents Aunt Betty and Uncle Harold

Painting of Lake Louise done by my Aunt Betty

my step-grandfather and his brother (impossible to see)

ballet duo

my mother's graduation photo

Thanks for indulging me as I wanted to identify them for memory's sake.


Dad stood behind me... always a doll and never a truck...


My dad was thrilled when my son was born. My dad grew up in the middle between two sisters on either side. Then he had me and my sister...no brothers, no sons...but a grandson and two great-grandsons made him very happy.


graduation day...recognize those 70s colors?



happy to see one another


And I will be happy to see him one day in Glory!